9130 South Dadeland Boulevard Datran Two - Suite 2000 Miami FL 33156
Richard Jones is a partner in Klein Park & Lowe, P.L.’s professional-malpractice division. His practice focuses primarily on the defense of accountants and lawyers in both litigation and transactional-malpractice cases. Mr. Jones also defends law firms against claims involving violations of consumer protection statutes—including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). He also represents attorneys and accountants who have been sued in bankruptcy court against both common-law and statutory claims. In addition to defending lawyers and accountants, Mr. Jones represents insurance carriers involved in coverage disputes.
Mr. Jones earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law and his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Central Florida. While in law school, he was heavily involved with the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board where he served as the Board’s Executive Vice President. He participated in numerous moot court competitions, including the American Bar Association’s National Appellate Advocacy Competition where he was a regional semi-finalist. As a result of his contributions to oral and written advocacy, Mr. Jones was selected for the Order of the Barristers upon graduation in addition to receiving the Moot Court Board’s “Most Outstanding Member” award.
During law school, Mr. Jones worked as a Deans Fellow for Professor Elizabeth Iglesias’ Constitutional Criminal Procedure course. He also clerked for the Honorable Scott Silverman of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit in Miami-Dade County.
- Florida Bar, 2008.
- Southern District of Florida, 2010.
- Middle District of Florida, 2012.
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals 2013.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami, School of Law, 2008.
- B.A. Political Science, University of Central Florida, 2005 .
Practice Areas :
- Professional Liability Defense.
- Insurance Coverage.
- Appellate Practice and Litigation Support.
- Commercial Litigation.
Notable Results :
- Cimetiere v. Cabrera, 43 So.3d 80 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010)
- Brock v. Miklas, 103 So. 3d 164 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)
- Kalb v. Steinberg, 141 So. 3d 570 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- Rodriguez v. Akal Sec., Inc., 534 Fed. Appx. 921 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Atl. Marine Florida, LLC v. Evanston Ins. Co., 2016 WL 3407825
(M.D. Fla. June 16, 2016)
- Lewis v. Evanston Ins. Co., 690 Fed. Appx. 638 (11th Cir. 2017)
- Ellis v. Warner, 2018 WL 4846762 (S.D. Fla. Jan. 19, 2018)